Monday, February 1st is a special day, and not just because it’s the first of the month. I’ll be making a guest appearance at Ship Shape Tanning, a salon I haven’t worked at in many years! I am very excited to return to my old stomping grounds and revisit this incredible Vancouver gem.
In honor of this unique occasion, Ship Shape Tanning will run a day-of airbrush tanning special. During the hours I am working, an airbrush tanning session will be just $20.16! No extensions can be made. Tax and gratuity are not included.
More about airbrush tanning:
There is now an alternative to tanning without Ultraviolet light. UV-free sunless tanning is obtained by administering a tanning solution that is applied evenly as a fine mist by an experienced technician or an automated booth.
The advantages to choosing an airbrush tan are:
- An airbrush technician can spray your entire body or only the parts that you want tanned.
- If you can’t remember positions or instructions, an airbrush technician walks you through every step of the spray.
- You get an amazing natural-looking tan.
Before your sunless tanning session:
- Pick up your Sunless Maintenance Kit.
- Shower and moisturize using Norvell’s Amber Sun Body Scrub (A non oil-based exfoliator made especially for sunless tanning). Do not use any oil-based products within 24 hours of your airbrush tan.
- For dry skin, use an oil based salt scrub exfoliator 36 – 48 hours prior to your airbrush tan.
- Shave or wax at least 24 hours prior.
- Do not apply any lotion, makeup, or deodorant, as they will inhibit the DHA from absorbing into the skin.
- Apply lip balm such as Norvell, Supre, or Devoted Creations.
- Wear dark, loose clothing to your appointment.
- During your sunless spray tan you may wear a dark bathing suit, underwear, or thong (whatever you feel most comfortable in).
After your sunless tanning session:
- You may want to put an old towel on your car seat, to avoid staining the seat.
- Do not plan any activities that will cause you to sweat or cause your clothing to rub against your skin for 8-12 hours.
- Do not bathe or swim for 8-12 hours after your sunless tan.
- Do not use soap for at least 16 hours
- Do not use body scrubs, exfoliators, loofahs or harsh soaps after your sunless tan
- Do not apply any lotion until after your first shower.
- After that, apply only a high quality lotion such as Norvell or Supre Moisturizer, twice a day.
- To extend your tan further, we recommend using Norvell Pro-Long. Wait at least 48 hours after your sunless tan, then use as needed.
- You may also purchase sunless lotion, mousse, or sprays for touching up any areas necessary.
- To maintain your tan have a sunless session every 7 to 10 days.
Ship Shape Tanning is so much more than a tanning salon. As their name implies, they are a business focused on getting people in shape and feeling good about themselves. In addition to U-V tanning and sunless tanning, they offer body toning, red light therapy, LED therapy, teeth whitening and skin care. Makeup by Monica is happy to vouch for the high quality of service they offer and their superb professionalism. Facilities and machines are well maintained and clean, and the staff is always friendly.
Ship Shape Tanning is open Monday – Friday from 9 am to 8:30 pm, Saturday 10 am to 7 pm, and Sunday 11 am to 6 pm.
We are located at 316 SE 123rd Ave # D8 Vancouver, WA. 98682
To make an appointment call Ship Shape Tanning at 360-944-1974